Website Manager

News Detail

16

Jul, 2020

2020 season update

Irish family,

In light of the recent news from the IHSA, IDPH, ISBE and the Governor's office and the current restrictions to the return to play guidelines the JFLOCI has postponed the season until August 13th, at that time the Board of Directors will vote and decide on whether or not the 2020 season will go on or be canceled.  That will all be determined based on the restrictions to the play guidelines and the safety of all players and everyone involved with JFL. With this we ask for your patience and understanding.  It is very possible that we are able to move forward with the season but we want to take the time to make the best decision for everyone involved.  

Since we are following IHSA rules, if they cancel their season or move the season to the spring our season could be canceled before the August 13th meeting.  If the IDPH, ISBE or the Governor's office decides to loosen the restrictions and allows us to get back on the field before the August 13th date there is the possibility of getting on the field before that date.  There would be ample notice given if that would happen.

Again, thank you for your patience and we hope that we are able to get back on the field in a safe way.  

All dates that have been provided including equipment handouts on the 18th and 25th have been canceled.  The first day of tackle (July 27th) and flag practice (August 4th) and the validation date (August 8th) have also been canceled.  All dates will be rescheduled once a final decision has been made.

Thank you for being apart of the Irish family and our program.  We look forward to seeing everyone on the field this year, I will notify everyone of any other information as soon as I receive it. Be safe, stay healthy GO IRISH!!

Peoria Notre Dame Junior Football

 
   
Email : [email protected]
Copyright © 2020 Notre Dame JFL  |  Privacy Statement |  Terms Of Use |  License Agreement |  Children's Privacy Policy  Log In